720g (24oz) salmon fillet, skin on and pin boned
splash of extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
90ml (3fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
1 egg white (optional)
150g (5oz) small potatoes, cooked and halved
150g (5oz) baby green beans, cooked and chilled
130g (4oz) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved and roasted
60g (2oz) black olives
3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
1/2 bunch basil, leaves picked
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F/gas mark 4).
2. Place salmon fillet, skin side down, onto a lined baking sheet. Brush with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 7 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk mustard, vinegar and oil together with egg white. Season and adjust consistency with water.
4. Place potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, olives and boiled eggs in a bowl with the basil leaves. Season and mix together.
5. To serve, spoon the salad onto the salmon fillet and drizzle with the dressing.
Extraced from Blood Sugar by Michael Moore, published by New Holland Publishers, out now.